Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cool Little Story


A cool thing happened the other day while looking through Serg's art history book....

I think everyone knows that Serg served 2 tours in Iraq, and well I know it too. But when I think of him serving, I think Iraq....hot and sandy, just a huge desert. As Serg was looking through his art history book, he goes, "Kate, I've been here before. I took pictures of our team here" I just thought it was pretty neat. The picture was of The Ishtar Gate in Babylon. It was built during the reign of King Nebuchadnezzar II (604-562BC) That's so awesome!. So what he saw over there, wasn't just war. It was an awesome trip through history, that not many Americans will ever get a chance to take. It's a unique experience. I also think it will be cool for him to tell our kids that he actually got to see these places in person and not just in a book.

No comments: