Tuesday, June 24, 2008

God is Awesome....and He Tests Us.....


Handmade in Mexico. I'm going to put them in my Mexican themed kitchen.
This is on the window above the front door.

It was soo beauitful!!

Yesterday was an awesome day! My mom and sister drove up from Virginia to spend the day with me. We went to lunch and then drove down to Annapolis (Maryland's Capital) to do a little sightseeing and shopping. Well we ended up doing a lot of shopping, but I got some great stuff! God blessed me with awesome relationship with the women in my family. I love them more than words can say. I had such a great time with them.
...........
Last night after Mom and Meg had left I was sitting at the computer and I looked out the window and saw this beautiful rainbow. It is such a beautiful reminder that God is so amazing. There is just NO WAY all of this just appeared.

Then......later last night after watching the college world series I got the craving for toffee crunch and munch (Kenzie and I share this amazing treat!) so Serg and I went on a mission to find a grocery store that was still open (Kenzie needed food as well). The first one we went to was closed so we drove a little farther to another one. With luck it was open. We got our stuff and on our way out, a couple was out by there car with the hood of their car up. They told us that their car was overheating and that they had no gas to get home. I am always skeptical about just giving money to people after getting scammed in high school. I never mind giving homeless men coupons to McDonalds, but I try to never give money so they can just spend it on whatever. With the high prices of gas, I don't know if it was a scam, but Serg and I told them that if they met us at a nearby gas station we would put gas in their car. We only put in $15 but I feel like God put us in that situation to help those people. If Serg or I was in that situation I sure would want someone to help us. God blessed us with enough money for everything we need and even things we don't, like shopping with my mom and sister and having lunch with them. I thank God for putting us in the position to help people, because there were times when we literally had nothing to give. God has been so wonderful to us and we are so blessed.

God is so amazing.....

God bless all our family and friends! We love you!

No comments: