Thursday, September 2, 2010

Emergency Appt. 39w 6d

After waking up literally 10 times to use the restroom between 11pm and 7am (I believe God does this to you so you are no longer afraid of any kind of labor pain) when I wiped there was brownish blood. I wasn't concerned because it wasn't bright red so I went back to bed. At 8:15am and yet another bathroom break there was bright red blood. I called the on duty nurse and the doctor said to go in to my doctor's office. Serg ended up coming home and taking me in, hoping that we would get sent straight to the hospital. Well....nothing. Everything was fine. The doctor said that my body is just laboring and doing a really good job, it's just not "in active labor". I've been having major period like cramps and some contractions, just nothing consistent. She said that I could be induced tomorrow, and although I really want to, my body is progressing and I'm pretty certain that he will come before the weekend is out. I want what is best for him and not just think about how miserable I am. We did set an induction date for next Wednesday, September 8, if he doesn't come before then. I will have an appointment on Tuesday and another ultrasound to monitor how he's doing. I'm hoping that this labor day weekend will in fact be filled with....well labor! :D

No comments: