Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Soldier Bake Party a Success!

I think I forgot to mention that on May 9, the girls in my family got together and did had a soldier bake party for the soldiers that Sergio trained to deploy. (If you remember I baked cupcakes for both units in February and March) Well they are now in Iraq and we finally got their addresses. We had a great time baking and it was also great to spend some quality time with the girls. It doesn't happen very often since both my cousin's have kids. We made chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies and rice krispie treats. We also sent over a bunch of packaged snacks. We got an email back from one of the units which I've attached below. It feels so good to give a little back to these soldiers who give so much! I don't know what you could possibly give as a thank you for the gift of freedom. We took 1 day out of our busy schedules while they are over there for a full year or more. We weren't even in Maryland that long. I can't even imagine just up and leaving my family to literally move to a war zone. The sacrifice of these men and women is unparalleled. As you go to your cookouts, the beach, the pool this weekend think of why you make have these freedoms. It's because of men and women who you've never met, that are willing to DIE for YOU. Anyways enough of my ranting here is the email from one of the girls:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGES! EVERYONE LOVED THEM!!! :) THEY'RE IN THE OFFICE RIGHT NOW, AND EVERYONE DUG INTO THEM.. YOU BOTH ARE THE BEST! (CAPS SORRY) BUT THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I HAVEN'T RECIEVED ANY MAIL YET SO EVEN THOUGH IT WAS FOR THE WHOLE UNIT, IT WAS NICE TO SEE MY NAME ON A PACKAG, HAHA. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT! AND TELL YOUR WIFE SHE'S AN AMAZING BAKER AND WE LOVE HER. :) I'LL SEND YOU GUYS SOMETHING CUTE FROM HERE. TAKE GOOD CARE... :) ADIOS!
-COURTNEY
PS:
I HAD A RICE CRISPY TREAT TODAY, IT WAS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE.

No comments: