Friday, August 6, 2010

36 Weeks - 28 Days Left

Well less than a month now! I can't believe it! I've started to get extremely tired, I can't seem to get enough sleep. I guess I should get used to it, I'm sure this is what I'll feel like for the next 18 years :). We have an ultrasound this morning to check his growth again. At my appointment on Monday I guess they will decide their suggestion as far as inducing at 39 weeks. Serg and I have talked about it and are thinking that unless he is over 8 or 9lbs. now with 4 weeks to go that we will wait until he is ready. I still have a feeling that he will be coming early on his own, for no other reason than I have a feeling. I was right about him being a boy so we'll see! He has been in the position pictured below for a week or so now. I know this because I've felt his 'precious' baby feet and huge butt that he certainly got from his father in my ribs. He's moving less and there is just a lot of pressure. I am definitely full of baby! Tonight and tomorrow Serg and I will be busy with my brother's rehearsal dinner and wedding, so ultrasound updates probably won't come until Sunday or Monday. Hopefully he is growing great and doing good!
Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement. At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely he's in a head-down position.


No comments: