Friday, August 27, 2010

39 Weeks

Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

Well I had a few contractions last night and it was so funny, Serg had his watch all ready to time them :).Nothing consistent though. He just cannot wait and talks to my stomach all the time telling him to come out! Last night he did tell him, either come out or stop with the contractions so he could go to sleep, he had work in the morning! :) Baby's still moving good, just slower movements since he's pretty much out of room. I've developed a rash all over my stretch marks that apparently only 1% of pregnant women get. It's extremely itchy so I have to keep applying Benadryl cream. Bags have been packed for a week or so now and his room has been ready for awhile. Just waiting now. My family is so excited and it just makes me feel so blessed. A lot of babies don't get the chance to be born into such a great family. He's already such a lucky guy! My next appointment will be next Tuesday, August 31 if he doesn't come before then. If he doesn't, I hoping to be 100% effaced and even more dilated. The more painless dilation I can do, the better!

No comments: